Firstly, let me wish you all a happy new year! 2016 is upon us, a fresh start, a clean slate, a whole new page to start writing the next chapter of life!
I’d like to start this post with some lovely words that a friend shared on Facebook last night. I can’t take credit for these words and and I’m not sure of the original author but I just had to share…
This time of year can be full of self-criticism. We see our apparent flaws under a harsh end-of-party light… We see all the things we didn’t do in 2015, all the mistakes and slow progress we’ve made. It’s hard not to feel the overwhelming new year pressure to change ‘for the better’ somehow.
Yet mixed up with all that self-criticism is hope – of a new start – a fresh slate or possibility – faith that we can finally be who we want to be. That’s the good stuff.
And being mean to ourselves in order to change for the better doesn’t nurture hope, it squashes it. Feeling like we can’t celebrate until we change stops us from enjoying the day in front of us right now.
We can remind ourselves to make healthy self-loving decisions, follow through on dreams that we have, but don’t let them stop you from enjoying who you are RIGHT NOW.
New Years Eve is just another day. And in each day there is hope.
I hope that this year for you is a beautiful mosaic of imperfectly-shaped but undeniably special moments. Moments when you pause to enjoy the present just as it is, and just as you are – whether you’ve brushed your hair or exercised or eaten a cake or not – because you are enough, either way. And you are beautiful, either way. And we can be happy, either way.
And each time you notice one of those everyday moments of joy, you’re adding to a beautiful mosaic: your hope-filled much-loved life.
Because that’s what you deserve. That’s what we are all worth. And I wish it for you, with all my heart.
Happy New Year. No New You required. xx
How lovely is that?! Now where was I? Ah that’s correct, 2016! I hope you all had a tremendous Christmas full of love, laughter, family time and lots of yummy food! I’m sure like me, you all over indulged in far too much food and drink but hey, Christmas only happens once a year right?! (Probably a good job too 😂)
My journey so far hasnt been without its detours, I’ve had good weeks and bad weeks, losses and gain but when I look back as a whole, I have to say I’m damn proud of what I’ve achieved so far! I enter 2016 a whole 24.5lbs lighter! I’ve achieved this in 7 months so that’s pretty damn good going on the whole!
With a new year tends to come new resolutions, but this year I won’t be making any as such as I’ve already started to make the changes I wanted to when I rejoined slimming world ☺️
Instead I will set myself some goals that I will work through over the course of the year! So where shall I begin…
- Save up and go on holiday – this means we have to be a little more money savvy, something which quite frankly we are rubbish at! I am going to get organised with money and see where we can make cutbacks. I may even do a post all about money to try to motivate me!
- Aim to do some exercise 3 times a week – I got an exercise bike for Christmas so there really is no excuse!! The weather has been rubbish lately which means I’ve been rather lazy but when it improves I can start going out for walks again with Taylor! I am going to write a list of places in Cornwall that we can go explore together as for someone who has lived here for 28 years, there’s so many places I’ve yet to see!
- Try a new recipe every week! There’s hundreds and hundreds of slimming world recipes out there, so I’ve got plenty to choose from! I’d love to hear your favourite recipes! Share them with me below or pop over to my Facebook page and share them there!
- Use my weekly planners and my diary!! You know when you go and buy these things cause you have all these good intentions, yeah that’s me! Well this year I am going to use them religiously and organised! From planning comes success, bring it on!
- Declutter my house! I’ll admit I’m quite the hoarder 😂 but it’s time to get rid of all the unused junk around here!
Well that’s about all from me for tonight folks,
Onwards and downwards!
Big love 😘